Tabs

Nettie & Friends supports Maxfield Learning Center and Maxfield School, St. Paul, MN.

Nettie & Friends works with Maxfield School in St. Paul, MN to enrich learning experiences for students by meeting specific needs that expand the learning landscape or remove roadblocks to student success.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ahhh, the joy of a 'to do' list...


These weren't on my 'to do' list... I arrived in Ely
when it was chilly... my friend, Marilyn said,
"you know what I could really use? A pair of
mittens!" So, I rooted around in the back of the
Subaru, came up with some yarn and needles
and viola'! Mittens... oh, those were NOT on my
'to do' list! OOPS!


Hmmm, this sweet little star pincushion
was NOT on my 'to finish' list... how did
that slip in there?


Yikes! Where did this pincushion
come from? It wasn't on the list of items
that demanded my attention to be completed!


Susan Saari of Sisu Designs in Ely is responsible
for this blatant breach of my plan to finish items
on my 'to do' list! Just walk into her store and
see what happens to YOU!!!


Well, after seeing those lovely mitts in red and brown,
I sent a 'wish list' with a friend to Ely, if she just happened
to stop by Susan's shop... pick up the yarn in the original
colors... an earthy green/brown combo... What do you know?
She brought the yarn back to the cabin... and I cast on...
what else could I do?

I hate to admit that these are just a few of the things
I worked on during 'cabin time.' That bag full of
'to do' items? I'm putting it back in the car for the
next trip. Wish me well!

1 comment:

Beth :-) said...

Just don't stop in any yarn shops next trip to the cabin ... :-)