Tabs

Nettie & Friends supports Maxfield Learning Center and Maxfield School, St. Paul, MN.

Nettie & Friends works with Maxfield School in St. Paul, MN to enrich learning experiences for students by meeting specific needs that expand the learning landscape or remove roadblocks to student success.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just a little distraction...


Me Margo Krager My friend, Karen Benson

So, my phone rings in the middle of my teaching day.
(Yes, it is on vibrate...) I check the message on my lunch.
It's Marsha. Margo Krager of Reproduction Fabrics in
Bozeman, MT is speaking at the Minnesota Quilters
meeting tonight. We're meeting Karen at 5:30 at
Cupcake for a little soup before the meeting.

Just enough time to vacuum off the Dargate quilt that
has been on my bed and has had two felines napping,
purring and shedding all over it before I jam it into
a tote bag to drag with me to the meeting... Karen made
this quilt for me for my 50th birthday.

If you've been to my house, I've made you look at it.
It is stunning in it's Pepto Bismol pinks, botanicals,
cheddars and Prussian blues...all from 1830's French
dress making fabrics..and all from Margo's "Dargate" line.

I love this quilt.

Margo was pleased to see it and oohed and ahhed over
her 'favorites' being sewn together for a gift and blessed
with use and a kitty sleeping on it! (She even asked the
names of the cats!)

I passed out a few "Nettie and Friends" postcards.

This weekend... a sneak preview of what was happening
with that big round white donut thingie!

Peace.
Nettie

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

I have 4 or 5 more toys to donate. I hear you know Ellen and Sue. (True?) I work with Ellen... could I give the toys to her, and you can get them from Ellen?