Tabs

Nettie & Friends supports Maxfield Learning Center and Maxfield School, St. Paul, MN.

Nettie & Friends works with Maxfield School in St. Paul, MN to enrich learning experiences for students by meeting specific needs that expand the learning landscape or remove roadblocks to student success.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Weekend Away With William Morris





I went to my friend, Karen's, house for a weekend of sewing, laughing, creating and general fun. 

I took a box of William Morris fabric I have been hoarding for years...  Karen told me she had an idea for a quilt pattern... So, I jumped.  I took a deep breath.  I measured.  I cut.  My Singer Featherweight hummed.  I ironed.  I kept my head down and the pedal to the metal.  I've got a beautiful queen size quilt with I don't even know how many William Morris 'favorites' sewn in it!  I started out with good intentions of making a quilt for a friend.  Too bad.  I'm keeping this one! 


This is Karen's 'play room' above her garage. 
A beautiful place to sew.
Just what I needed!

No comments: