Tabs

Nettie & Friends supports Maxfield Learning Center and Maxfield School, St. Paul, MN.

Nettie & Friends works with Maxfield School in St. Paul, MN to enrich learning experiences for students by meeting specific needs that expand the learning landscape or remove roadblocks to student success.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lakeside Fishscales Scarf



This is a fun scarf to make! Picked up the pattern at "Pine Needles" in Cable, WI. I finished knitting it at Big Blake Lake and still have to block it. It is so soft and wonderful! Made from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK and baby alpaca, it is delightfully yummy. I thought it would be a great "use up my odds and ends of Cashmerino" project until I wandered down to Borealis and bought another skein of the light blue!

So, sitting on the deck of my buddy, Jeff's, beautiful lake place, I've started another one. I'm squeaking out the last days of summer vacation in ultimate bliss... knitting, canoeing, watching eagles, loons, sand hill cranes and the Olympics; playing an occasional game of gin and reading in the afternoons. (Oh, yeah, drinking a little lemonade based Leinie's - I AM in Wisconsin, after all!) A wonderful life, indeed.

No comments: