Tabs

Nettie & Friends supports Maxfield Learning Center and Maxfield School, St. Paul, MN.

Nettie & Friends works with Maxfield School in St. Paul, MN to enrich learning experiences for students by meeting specific needs that expand the learning landscape or remove roadblocks to student success.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Projects Completed! More Projects Started!



Ah, the joy of the annual GalPal trip. We went to a beautiful cabin in the Hayward WI area this year, so I was able to pack my Singer Featherweight and work on my travel quilt! I have been collecting fabric from the many beautiful places I have traveled and finally got the impulse to make a quilt. The pattern for the front is "SlideShow" and the back is various pieces of map and travel inspired fabrics. I've got it packed up and ready to send off to be quilted!

The gals also understand my need to stay busy. In fact, someone who shall remain nameless, once referred to me as "ADHD - Attention Deficit Hobby Disordered!" So, while some were busy wiling away the hours playing 'Bookworm" on yahoo.games, I was busy finishing up some things, giving an occasional knitting lesson/comment, and of course, watching the Olympics. I finally blocked the Feather and Fan scarf, finished a wool felt table runner (imagine a nice bowl of candy smack dab in the middle of those hearts!), completed a soft Cashmerino hat, worked on my 'don't have to think very much' sock yarn/kid seta mohair mittens and sewed up a bunch of Christmas coasters. I put the baubles on a couple of pairs of those Norwegian slippers, sewed up another pair to be felted, made another blasted lanyard ("Somebody STOP me!") and of course, made a trip to the local yarn store where I got seduced by that old "FishScales" pattern and had to cast on a scarf. Decided it would be perfect for my odds and ends of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I might not be able to give it up for the sale! I'll post it when it is done.








No comments: