Tabs

Nettie & Friends supports Maxfield Learning Center and Maxfield School, St. Paul, MN.

Nettie & Friends works with Maxfield School in St. Paul, MN to enrich learning experiences for students by meeting specific needs that expand the learning landscape or remove roadblocks to student success.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ely Creations

"If you're lucky enough to be up north, you're lucky enough!"

I'm very, very lucky (blessed) to have a wonderful, peaceful, creative place to go that rejuvenates my spirit, my body, my soul. I took long walks, kayaked a little, jumped off the dock and did a little swimming (very refreshing water temperature in Ely), finished reading a book that has been languishing on my bedside table, listened to some Harry Potter books on my iPod, slept and ate well, then created more stuff!

I decided to finish these coasters while I was up at the Russell cabin in Ely over Labor Day. They are recycled (aka too thick) felted oven mitt material that I cut up, bound off, and needle felted! Fun to work with. Now to just figure out the "what the market will bear" price point for some of these funky items... Then, there are the next items!




So last summer I took a short birch bark basket class at the cabin while visiting my friends up in Ely. I bought some extra birch bark from the teacher to make another basket, but lo and behold, I decided to make some birch bark napkin rings instead. These are a little small, but very sweet.

Keep on creating, all y'all!
October is just around the corner!

No comments: