Tabs

Nettie & Friends supports Maxfield Learning Center and Maxfield School, St. Paul, MN.

Nettie & Friends works with Maxfield School in St. Paul, MN to enrich learning experiences for students by meeting specific needs that expand the learning landscape or remove roadblocks to student success.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Home to Michigan


I drove home through the Michigan's Upper Pennisula and across the
Mackinac Bridge. I put the camera on the steering wheel and clicked
my way across the bridge.

A friend on Facebook (well, he's also a friend in real life!) saw these photos and sent me one of his. If you Facebook, check this out!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/photo.php?pid=38130&id=1835904701&ref=mf



Then, the family festivities really began!

I went to watch my grand nephew race this go cart.
These little things go about 45-55 mph! (And this guy
is only about 7 years old! Watch out - he's good!)
He is also one of the sweetest kids I know. After
coming in 2nd in one of the heats, he told his dad
"I let 83 pass me because he doesn't get to win
very often." Be still my heart.


I went to a horse show to watch my grand nieces.
What a great day! Sun. Go-carts. Horses. Dust.



Then, off to the James M. Monroe family reunion.
Here's how the Monroe family has fun.
How about a water balloon toss using beach towels?
It was a nice sunny day so no one really cared when
they got splattered with a missed catch!

I had a great trip, concluding with taking the
Lake Michigan Car Ferry from Ludington, MI to Manitowoc, WI.

What, you may ask, projects have I been working on this summer?
I'll post some photos a little later.
I did complete some small quilts to deliver to my family
in Michigan on this last trip. They will be well used and well loved.

Ahhhh. Summer.

No comments: