Tabs

Nettie & Friends supports Maxfield Learning Center and Maxfield School, St. Paul, MN.

Nettie & Friends works with Maxfield School in St. Paul, MN to enrich learning experiences for students by meeting specific needs that expand the learning landscape or remove roadblocks to student success.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quilts for My Siblings


Queen of the Ranch for my sister.

Now, here's a lesson for you:
Do NOT think you can make a quilt kit from a particular quilt line, especially if you are recovering from surgery and taking narcotics for pain... I thought I would do some 'cutting ahead' and make one or two quilt kits so I would be ready for my next quilt camp / quilting weekend... What a great idea! I wouldn't have to think about what to take! I could take a quilt kit that I had already prepped, put the pedal to the metal and S-E-W!

Well, sew, I did. I had these sweet Roy Rogers / Happy Trails prints that I started sewing and assembling. When I put the strips up on the design wall, my buddy, MaryEllen almost fell off of her chair! Whew! It was a bit much, even for me! I mean, really. The result of my narcotic induced design was manic, disorganized and just plain TOO MUCH! So, I started 'unsewing' and ripped the entire thing apart! Then, with the help of Marsha on our road trip, I found MORE fabric to make a mess work. Here is the end result - three sweet quilts that my siblings loved. I hope they are well used and enjoyed for a long, long time.


Live and learn... Live and learn!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey, at least you could "fix" them!

Question for you, though, regarding the sale ... those "forms" you like us to fill out; are they on your blog, or can you bring some to Abby's on a Sunday in the near future, so we can start filling them out on items? :-)